Apr 28, 2014

Review: Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg

Title: Better Off Friends
Author: Elizabeth Eulberg
Publisher: Point
Publication Date: 2.25.2014
Pages: 288
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Series: No
Source: ARC from ALA MW

Rating: 5 Stars

Summary (from Goodreads):
For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can't be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan's friends. They are platonic and happy that way.

Eventually they realize they're best friends -- which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep getting in each other's way. Guys won't ask Macallan out because they think she's with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can't help but wonder . . . are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated?

From romantic comedy superstar Elizabeth Eulberg comes a fresh, fun examination of a question for the ages: Can guys and girls ever really be just friends? Or are they always one fight away from not speaking again -- and one kiss away from true love?

Review:
Well hello fantastically fun and flirty book! Where have you been all my life? Elizabeth Eulberg won her way into my heart with this book (seriously, I need to read all of her books).

You want to write my ultimate romance book? This is it. I absolutely love the friends-becoming-more angle. There is no insta-love, star struck moment where the heroine walks into the room and our hero sees her and immediately must fight his need to eat her love her.

What? You know it's true.

The great thing about Macallan and Levi is their ease with each other. Whether they make it to the end as a super couple or just stay friends for life, it didn't matter. Their genuine friendship as it goes through the years, the ups and the downs - of which there are many - showcases that all relationships, romantic or otherwise, take work. It's not easy, but it is worth it.

BETTER OFF FRIENDS is the book you will finish and want to go hug your best friend. I know I did. It was a fast, breezy read that made me smile and sigh in all the best ways.

Buy: Amazon

7 comments:

  1. Ooo, no one wants to eat each other, excellent! :D No but in all seriousness, this sounds really great! I love best friends in love. It probably doesn't hurt that you gave this one 5 stars. Fabulous review, Hannah!! :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks adorable! I have definitely been in the contemporary mood lately. I love books about best friends with chemistry. I need to read this one ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous review, Hannah. I loved this book too! Loved the dual perspective too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this book to pieces! I love the characters, the banter, their sense of humor, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this sounds right up my alley! I don't always go for contemps but, when I do, it's contemps like this. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pretty much ate this book up. Though I did wonder if they'd remain as friends had they decided to ignore their attraction. Maybe once out of the high school blues, they'd have. ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. I laughed at the "eat her" comment. I love fun and flirty books! I'll be looking out for a copy for this one

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!