Aug 15, 2013

Review: Down London Road by Samantha Young

Title: Down London Road
Author: Samantha Young
Publisher: NAL
Publication Date: 5.7.2013
Pages: 375
Genre: New Adult
Series: On Dublin Street #2
Source: Purchased ebook

Rating: B

Summary (from Goodreads):
Johanna Walker is used to taking charge. But she’s about to meet someone who will make her lose control....

It has always been up to Johanna to care for her family, particularly her younger brother, Cole. With an absent father and a useless mother, she’s been making decisions based on what’s best for Cole for as long as she can remember. She even determines what men to date by how much they can provide for her brother and her, not on whatever sparks may—or may not—fly.

But with Cameron MacCabe, the attraction is undeniable. The sexy new bartender at work gives her butterflies every time she looks at him. And for once, Jo is tempted to put her needs first. Cam is just as obsessed with getting to know Jo, but her walls are too solid to let him get close enough to even try.

Then Cam moves into the flat below Jo’s, and their blistering connection becomes impossible to ignore. Especially since Cam is determined to uncover all of Jo’s secrets
even if it means taking apart her defenses piece by piece.

Review:
Samantha Young is back again with more hot accents, hot scenes, and hot covers. Seriously—did you guys see that thing? Young’s On Dublin Street series is fast becoming a favorite new adult guilty pleasure of mine. In Down London Road, we get a chance to get inside Jo’s head—Jo, the flighty, sometimes ridiculous girl we were introduced to in book one. Jo needed her own book—there’s so much going on under the surface of this character, it astounded me.

I think the hardest part for me to click with in this book was Jo. While I understood a lot of why she was doing what she was doing (vague enough for you? Read the book!), I personally couldn’t understand those choices. But seeing the way she acted with Cole and her mother and then with Cam … She’s a character I was slow to love, but I truly did love her by the end. She’s a great heroine to root for.

And Cam … Cam wowed me from the start. Things got a little rocky about 2/3 of the way into the book and he does some pretty idiotic things I wanted to slap him for, but for the most part, he’s a solid, good guy. He especially steps up at the end when Jo needs him most.

Young’s series is not literary brilliance, but it has a certain element of fun. It’s fiction that lets me escape my own reality and fall into another world for a few hours with entertaining characters.

Buy: Amazon


6 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh! I need to read this Hannah! I loved On Dublin Street, LOVED, so I really need to make time for this one. I'm a little worried about the idiotic things Cam does (just tell me there's no cheating and I'll be fine), but other than that I feel like I need to go buy this immediately! *happy dance*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be fine. He makes some dumbass, stupid boy mistakes, but nothing that can't be forgiven.

      And yes - go buy it!

      Delete
  2. I heard fantastic things about On Dublin Street but never got around to reading it. However, if this second one is just as stellar, I might have to pick it up. Especially with Jenny's ravey-raves up there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first book but I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I definitely can see why you can't connect with Jo or understand her, and I have issues if a guy will act really idiotic, but I'm glad that there's still some hope for him in the next few books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I Got My Ex Husband Back..Am so excited to share my testimony of a real spell caster who brought my husband back to me. My husband and I have been married for about 6 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr Aluya can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Aluya Powerful Love Spell that really works. If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. He will not disappoint you. Email him at: aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp him on: +2348110493039 you can also go through his website draluya48hoursspelltemple.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!