Dec 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (2)


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun!

This week is a freebie, so I can make my own list. I've decided on:

Top 10 Books I Want to Give As Gifts
 
 
I actually mentioned this book in my Follow Friday post; words cannot express my adoration of it. Emma and Brendan are my favorite YA pairing this year. Their romance is just amazing.
 
This book is wonderful for all ages. There is just a magic to Funke's writing that sucks you in. It's an amazing fantasy. Go for the book, not the movie. I would give this to my 7 year old cousin and my 70 year old grandmother.
 
After the vampire crazy Twilight spawned, it seemed like those were the only paranormal books most of the public would touch. I read this book about werewolves and shoved it into the hands of my friends, thus pulling them from the vampiric ice age and into the werewolf millenium.
 
This has been a book with a lot of controversy surrounding it, but the message is so profound and important.
 
This book is heartbreaking and provacative and one ginormous emotional rollercoaster. It may not be the obvious choice for a book I would give to others, but there is a raw power to this book that I think everyone should experience.
 
Never in my life have I fallen in love with the city in a story. Amy Plum does a magnificent job of making me love Paris and all her splendor. OK, so the fact that the leads are amazing doesn't hurt either.
 
Want a fun, fast, and breathless read? This is your book.
 
This has been my go-to book any time I needed something comforting. I love the simple elegance of it.
 
I love mythology, and I know a lot of people who also enjoy it. This makes a great book. The retelling of Hades and Persephone set on a modern stage with a twist was one of my book highlights of 2011.
 
Book #1 of the incredible O'Malley series by Dee Henderson. This one has it all: mystery, suspense, romance, family, loyalty ... LOVE this series and have read it (all 7 books) multiple times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you know that every time you comment, an angel gets its wings.

OK, not really, but thanks for popping by!